Improved Tags support
We’ve improved our support for Finder tags, allowing you to better work with multiple tags. You can search for files that have multiple tags set, and you can apply multiple tags (add, remove or replace them) in one go. To select multiple tags, you can use LaunchBar’s staging feature.
- Sending one or more files to the Add/Remove/Replace Tags actions presents a list of all available tags (as it did before), but you can now select multiple tags from that list.
- Items can now be sent to multiple tags to add, remove or replace all existing tags in one go.
- When multiple tags are selected in LaunchBar, pressing Return now presents a list of items that have all these tags set. To search for these multi-tagged items in Finder instead, you can press Command-Return.
- The tags of an item, that are shown during Info Browsing (by pressing Option-Right) can now be removed conveniently just by pressing Command-Delete. This also works for multiple tags.
- Fixed some tag indexing issues: Items with multiple tags or with legacy color labels were not properly indexed under some circumstances.
Multiple Selection Dragging
Well, we announced this feature already in our 6.2 release notes. But due to an embarrassing mistake in our build process, the feature was not enabled in the released version. But now it finally works and you can drag multiple items from LaunchBar to other applications!
- Added “Detect Search Templates” bookmarks indexing option. This restores the previous behavior of the bookmarks indexer to automatically detect search templates (URLs containing an asterisk) in your web browser’s bookmarks. If you rather want these URLs to be indexed as regular bookmarks, you can turn off this option.
- Added “Instant Calculate” option to Calculator preferences. When you Instant-Send an arithmetic expression to LaunchBar, it automatically calculates and shows the result. When you send a plain number, it’s automatically opened in LaunchBar’s calculator. With this new option you can turn off this behavior, if you prefer to just send the text without any calculator magic.
- The dict.cc action now performs its queries via https.
- Fixed: The “Move to Trash” action didn’t work for multiple items in conjunction with Path Finder.
- Improved display of action result items.