LaunchBar 5.4.3 - April 11, 2013
- Improved detection of Google Chrome and Chromium bookmark files (bookmarks within profiles are now supported).
- Improved Automatic Software Update.
- Fixes an issue with iTunes playback. With the “Play from Album” option set, only the album’s first track was played.
- Improved playback of tracks with no album.
- Fixes an issue with indexing of symlinked Preference Panes.
- Fixes an issue causing dialogs to appear underneath the search result list.
- Fixes an issue when sending selected text via Instant Send to Mail.app.
- Fixes an issue causing LaunchBar not to hide after invoking a service.
- Several other minor bug fixes and improvements.
LaunchBar 5.4.2 - March 11, 2013
Improved Actions indexing. Executable shell scripts are now recognized more reliably, even if they have a filename extension.
Improved application indexing: Ignoring iOS apps.
Improved 1Password indexing (works more reliable when multiple versions of 1Password are installed).
Improved Services indexing.
iTunes categories (Albums, Genres, Playlists, etc.) now have dedicated icons instead of the generic category icon.
Improved SparkleShare.app browsing. Invisible files are now properly excluded.
Improved handling of labeled email addresses.
Improved “Show in Finder” action.
Improved stability of the indexing engine.
Fixes an issue when determining the originator of a Copy operation that was triggered with a mouse click instead of pressing ⌘C.
Fixes an iTunes playback issue: The “Play from Album” option always started with the album’s first track instead of the selected album track.
Fixes an issue when sending a labeled email address via Instant Send.
Fixes an issue with text enclosed in double quotes in conjunction with Instant Send or Clipboard History.
LaunchBar 5.4.1 - January 16, 2013
- Improved compatibility with iTunes 11.
- Improved accessibility (VoiceOver support) in index window.
- Redesigned toolbar icons in index window.
- Redesigned iTunes icons for Artist, Album and Track.
- Improved compatibility with SparkleShare.
- Improved Dash.app support. Selecting Dash.app and pressing Space now triggers the “Look up in Dash” action. It’s also possible to send a search string to Dash.app via Instant Send.
- Instant Send can now also handle shell-escaped file paths.
- Updated ADC documentation indexer to support iOS6 and Xcode 4.5 documentation.
- Improved indexing and display of mounted volumes.
- Improved “Switch to Calculator when typing digits” preference option. It’s now possible to enter abbreviations that start with a digit (e.g. “1P” in order to select “1Password”), even when this preference option is turned on. Therefore we’ve now turned on this option, even if was explicitly turned off before (but you can turn it off again, if you really don’t want to use it, even now with its improved behavior).
- Improved “Copy Name” action. Copies all names (separated with line breaks) in case of multiple file selections.
- Improved display of an app’s recent documents.
- Improved display of working directory when entering Terminal commands.
- Improved “Assign Abbreviation” and “Show in Index” commands. These commands now properly consider the “Access items via sub-search only” option.
- During text input (e.g. when entering text argument for a script or a search template) it’s now possible to trigger spell checking with the standard Command-; shortcut.
- Improved detection of labeled email addresses during Instant Send.
- Minor calculator improvements.
- Fixes a bug in Dialectic integration.
- Fixes an issue causing iTunes’ “Go to Current Song” command to fail when playing a song via LaunchBar.
- Fixes an issue causing the “Show in iTunes” action to fail.
- Fixes an issue that caused LaunchBar not to hide after receiving a file via drag & drop.
LaunchBar 5.4 - November 8, 2012
New Features and Improvements
- Added “Send via AirDrop” action – quickly send files via AirDrop using Instant Send.
- Added “Display in Notification Center” AppleScript action – use LaunchBar to post Notification Center alerts from your custom scripts!
- Notification Center alerts for calendar entries created via LaunchBar.
- Extended set of default actions for opening phone numbers: “Display in Large Type”, “Call via Dialetic”, “Call via FaceTime”, “Call via Skype”, “Send iMessage” as well as custom scripts.
- Improved support for MacBook Pro with Retina display.
- Improved DocSet indexing to work with the latest ADC documentation.
- Added “Search Evernote Notes” functionality: Select the Evernote application and press space to enter your search term.
- Added “Evernote - Copy Link of Selected Note” action.
- Added "Copy Sender of Selected Mail Message" action.
- Added "Open Safari Top Sites" action.
- Added DuckDuckGo search template to factory configuration.
- Added modulo function to calculator. Example: mod(91 | 6)
- Added support for browsing of SparkleShare repositories.
- The Actions indexing rule has an new option to index scripts in ~/Library/iTunes/Scripts.
- The “Paste and remove from history” action now considers the “As Plain Text” option.
- Clipboard History: Improved dealing with large copy operations.
- Clipboard History: Added SecurityAgent and 1Password to default ignore list.
- Improved 1Password keychain detection.
- Improved application indexing. LaunchServices and Spotlight options can now be turned on/off separately.
- Fixed: Opening a contact in Contacts.app (Address Book.app) with ⌘↩ didn’t work.
- Fixed: “Send to” (by pressing Tab) didn’t work with Tower repository items.
- Fixed: Crashes related to Google Chrome Bookmark indexing.
- Fixed: Shift-click to extend text selection immediately followed by Command-C triggers ClipMerge
- Fixed: Terminal window opened in background.
LaunchBar 5.3 - July 27, 2012
New Features and Improvements
- Improved compatibility with OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- Optimized for MacBook Pro with Retina display (preliminary, a few missing high resolution images will be added shortly).
- Quick access to 1Password bookmarks, tags and folders - either directly (by entering an abbreviation) or via browsing. Note: You may have to add a new 1Password indexing rule in LaunchBar’s index window.
- Quick access to Tower repositories. Switch to repositories in Tower or browse the contents of the corresponding working copy.
- Improved calendar support
- Distinction between reminders and calendars
- Growl notifications for new events and reminders
- Extended support for third party email clients
- Quickly send files or text to contacts from your address book.
- Built-in support for Apple Mail, Mailplane, Microsoft Outlook, Postbox, Sparrow.
- The email client used for sending emails is either chosen automatically, or it can be selected manually in LaunchBar Preferences > Actions > Options.
- Ability to set up a custom AppleScript instead (by implementing on sendFiles(_files, _emailAddresses) and on sendText(_text, _emailAddresses) handlers).
- Added “Copy Name” and “Copy and Paste Name” to built-in actions.
- Improved QuickCal support.
- Indication if an item in an application’s recent documents list is located in iCloud.
- The “xcworkspace” file type has been added to the “Xcode Project Files” file type collection.
- Gatekeeper ready
- Addresses an issue with contacts indexing on OS 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- Addresses an issue related to application indexing via Spotlight.
- Phone numbers labeled with “iPhone” are now displayed as mobile phone numbers.
- Fixes an issue with search templates containing #-characters.
LaunchBar 5.2 - April 17, 2012
LaunchBar 5.2 requires Mac OS X 10.6 or later. If you wish to run LaunchBar with an older version of Mac OS X, please install LaunchBar 5.1 instead.
New Features and Improvements
- When LaunchBar is opened via hotkey it no longer shows its own menu bar. Instead, the menu bar of the currently active application remains visible.
- Improved implementation of Instant Send.
- When a text action is invoked via Send-to or Instant Send (for example, when sending text to a search template, service or script), the text is now registered in the text input history. The text can then be accessed in a subsequent text action via Shift-Space or Shift-Return.
- Improved LaunchBar’s Recent Items list (which can be invoked with Command-B) to include folders that have been traversed via browsing, or have been used as an argument for actions such as “Open Terminal Here” (Command-T).
- New built-in action: Clear Recent Items
- When entering a web search, Command-Return can now be used to create the URL that represents the query rather than actually performing the search.
- Enhanced browsing functionality: Shift-Left can be used to show the contents of the selected item’s parent folder. This is especially useful while browsing an application’s recent documents.
- The list of available search template URL text encodings has been extended.
- Updated MacUpdate search template in the factory configuration.
- The “Append English filename” option has been re-added to LaunchBar Preferences > Advanced.
- Redesigned icons in preferences window.
Improved iCal Support
- Creating calendar entries no longer requires iCal to be running.
- When entering calendar entries it’s now possible to specify multiple alerts, separated with a blank character. Example: Meeting @ Feb 12 4d! 30m!
- The default alert time for all-day events and reminders is now 8:00 AM.
Improved iTunes Support
- Significantly improved performance of iTunes playback in case of large iTunes libraries.
- iTunes playback now also works with iCloud remote tracks and iTunes Match.
- Improved detection of classical genres in iTunes, considering localized genre names. This information is used for determining the “Primary Artist” of a track.
- Improved iTunes playback: When selecting a song from a playlist, the song is now played in the context of that playlist.
Improved Applications Indexing
- Improved indexing of installed applications. The indexer now utilizes the Spotlight index for retrieving the locations all installed applications.
- Improved indexing to include Wi-Fi Diagnostics.app in the Applications index.
- Improved indexing to find applications that are located inside Xcode’s application package.
Improved Developer Support
- Updated developer documentation indexing to work with documentation sets installed by Xcode 4.3.
- Improved developer documentation indexing. It’s now possible to specify the desired platform (OS X, iOS, All Platforms).
- The developer documentation is grouped by platforms in categories (e.g. “Mac OS X Developer Guides”, “iOS Reference Files”, “Developer Tools Release Notes” etc.). This allows to sub-search within a particular subset of documentation files.
- Improved Info.plist / NSServices browsing, showing all service names at a glance.
- Fixes an issue that could cause LaunchBar to be shown without a shadow immediately after login.
- Fixes an issue with the LaunchBar Help causing some chapters to be unaccessible.
- Fixed: Switching to LaunchBar with Command-Tab didn’t open the bar.
- Fixes an issue with the placement of the LaunchBar window in fullscreen mode.
- Fixes an issue with the display of the search result list when the LaunchBar window position is at the bottom of the screen.
- Fixes a rare crash that could occur when upgrading from an older version of LaunchBar.
- Fixes an issue with address book labels containing parentheses.
- Fixes a crash that could occur while indexing the services of certain third party applications.
- Fixes an issue causing some preference panes to be displayed with a wrong icon.
- Fixes an issue causing the Messages.app beta to be still shown as iChat.app.
- Fixes an issue causing LaunchBar to appear at the wrong location with apps running in fullscreen mode.
- Addresses an issue causing the entered abbreviation to be displayed at the wrong location.
- Fixes a crash related to Services indexing.
- Fixed: In Lion, selecting Terminal.app and pressing Space didn’t offer the “Run Terminal Command” action.
- Fixed: Finder > Recent Folders browsing didn’t work in Lion.
- Fixes an issue with the playback of Best Of Lists.
- Fixes an issue when attempting to replace a file with itself.
- Fixes a rare line break issue in the large type display.
- Removed the “Play from Music Library” playback option.
Show older release notes…